Thursday, March 24, 2016

Pretty Little Tarot

So....60 days to go :) Finally, after years of searching I found a Rider Waite tarot deck that I can work with! This is the Universal Waite pocket deck. The cards are small, not too small though, they shuffle beautifully! They come in a perfect little box that looks like it will hold up well over time. Best of all the images are recolored and cleaned up, the black lines are finer, the imagery is much crisper and cleaner plus the background isn't grainy like the classic version. Sometimes I think the classic version has been printed, copied and recopied so many times it's as if the "Printing Plates" for the deck have worn out to where the images are just blurry blobs. Mary Hanson Roberts recolored the deck so there more of a color range, leaves are actually green rather then weird gold and off yellow. You can read the expressions on the faces, there is just so much more detail. Here are a few of my favorites with my favorite Arkansas quartz crystal, it's water clear with sun shining through it it's reflecting the yellow of the card below :)

1 comment:

  1. Ooh nice! I totally agree about the print quality of the Waite deck. I'm still searching for a deck that speaks to me, I'm even considering making my own but it's such a huge undertaking it's pretty daunting.

    ReplyDelete