Thursday, September 20, 2012

A Different Color Palette

Are you inspired by the nature around you? I know I am. The colors in the natural world around me inspire the patterns and colors of my weaving and the themes of my prayer beads. While living in New Mexico the palette was sandy gold, red clays, brilliant blues, pale pink primrose and subtle grey greens. Here in Southern Maryland it's a softer blue, an amazing array of green, purples, yellows and a crazy amount of "butterfly" color...........Now I'm just waiting for the fall color to burst! Here is my first creation inspired after a bit of "Earthing" in the woods......right behind the hotel we're staying in till the cottage is ready :)
These were photographed on a fallen tree ....... I love this as a background!

No comments:

Post a Comment