Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tablet Weaving

My passion! I love tablet weaving turn the cards get a surprise! My mind reels with Z threading S threading forward turns backward turns... colors! You can get infinite patterns just by switching the Z's, S's and turns it boggles my mind that iron age people figured out this amazingly simple process to achieve a complex looking designs. This is my simple weaving frame.

Some people use the doorknob or a chair to anchor the threads for me this is simpler and more authentic! Plus your work turns out more even...always the challenge when tablet weaving. This is what you can achieve with 6 little tablet cards. I love the results so simple and yet so beautiful!


I will be adding more tablet woven pieces to the shop later this week :)

1 comment:

  1. It turned out beautiful! You create such perfect pieces. I have watched "how to" videos on youtube and it just looks so confusing. I would love to learn how to do it though. I really need a physical meditation for my hands...like Lavender wands but something I can do year round.

    ReplyDelete