Friday, December 16, 2011

Water for Virgos


After days and days of working on the shack…painting…. hanging curtains….shifting heavy boxes…furniture not to mention lugging the 58lb or so jugs of water hot showers just weren’t cutting it for the sore aching muscles. I wanted to soak in the tub…a bath! I’m a Virgo. We like to bathe…to soak…it’s where we plot the take over of the universe.  But no running water and no hot water heater = no volume of water for a bath. So………….. after some discussion with my partner in crime he came up with this…
First, just where the heck is that rubber ducky? Okay here we go…… first fill the tub with snow then fill the four largest pots like the water bath canner and pressure canner pot with water (a precious commodity around here). Bring the water to a boil. Add to the tub of snow (this tub is fiberglass by the way) which had melted down to about an inch or so of water. Add several more shovels full of snow I like the water at about 102 or 103 …more snow. Perfect! Almost. Add one chunk of Himalayan pink salt, 13 drops of lavender oil and 7 drops of lemon oil, light the sunflower candles and place the quartz crystal that was charged at the Summer Solstice near by……. Disappear from the world into the hot water for a good hour. Re-emerge with my “bring it on” attitude fully recharged.  I may need to do this at every full moon. I guess I need to get a few rain barrels for the snow free days.
(I can’t believe how long the water stays hot in a fiberglass tub!)

1 comment:

  1. I need to be careful about reading things you post when I am drinking coffee...Lol!..."its where we plot to take over the Universe." :-D Actually if you were in charge I think things would GET DONE properly. What a creative way to fill your tub without using so much water and what a blissful bath you created there. It sounds dreamy. I have got to get my hands on some Himalayan pink salt. For years I have only showered. Once upon a time I was a 'soaker'. Maybe some long overdue tub therapy is just what I need.

    ReplyDelete